Завантажити презентацію "Iowa"
Strawberry Point is the home of the world's largest strawberry.
Iowa ranks first in beef, pork, corn, soybean and grain production.
Iowa is the largest producer of corn in the United States.
Iowa is the only state name that starts with two vowels.
The National Balloon Museum in Indianola chronicles more than 200 years of ballooning history.
The state's smallest city park is situated in the middle of the road in Hiteman.
Lost Island Waterpark
- Lost Island Waterpark in Waterloo is Iowa’s largest outdoor waterpark.
- It has large variety of water attractions both for the kids and thrill-seekers.
-The Amana Colonies were created, built and settled by German Pietists in Iowa, consist of seven villages.
- The colonies as a whole have been registered as a National Historic Landmark since 1965.
- The purpose of the Amana Society was to live peacefully, supportively, with humility and pride, and with faith in God.
One-armed piano players must perform for free.
A man with a moustache may never kiss a woman in public.
The “Ice Cream Man” and his truck are banned.
Horses are forbidden to eat fire hydrants.
Within the city limits, a man may not wink at any woman he does not know.
1.Iowa is the largest producer of …
a)corn b)pork c) soybean
2.The National Balloon Museum in Indianola chronicles more than …
a)100 b)200 c)300
3.By whom the Amana Colonies were created?
a)by German Pietists b) by French Pietists c) by American Pietists
4. The colonies as a whole have been registered as a National Historic Landmark since …
a)1955 b)1965 c)1975