Завантажити презентацію "London"
1. Buckingham Palace is the official London residence and principal workplace of the British monarch. The palace isn't open to the public.
2. The Houses of Parliament is the seat of the British Government. It is also known as the Palace of Westminster. Big Ben is the name of the clock on the Clock Tower of the Houses of Parliament.
Houses of Parliament
3. Trafalgar Square, the largest square in London, is often considered the heart of London.In the centre of Trafalgar Square there is a big column. At the top of the column there is a statue of Admiral Nelson who had to fight the French at the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805.
4. London Eye is on the Thames. It's the largest observation wheel in the world. London eye is very popular with tourists.
5. Madame Tussauds is a museum that contains wax models of famous people including The Royal Family, world leaders and music legends.
6.The Tower of London was a fortress, a castle, a prison in the past. Now it's the oldest museum in London.
The Tower of London
7. It is the traditional place of coronation and burial site for British monarchs of the Commonwealth realms. It is the most beautiful church and one of the oldest parts of Westminster. Many English kings and queens are buried in Westminster.
8. Three hundred years ago Greenwich was a village and now it is a part of London. Queen Elizabeth I lived in the Greenwich Palace. The Greenwich Observatory is the center of time and space because the prime meridian of the Earth, which divides east from west passes there. If you stand over the line, you can have one foot in each hemisphere.
The Greenwich Observatory
9. Oxford Street is one of London's most popular shopping destinations. It stands on the river Thames. England’s oldest and best university is there.